Search This Blog

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Currently and Super Bowl Fun

Hello and happy Super Bowl Eve! I am linking up with the amazing Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade.
 Click on over and link up too!


I came down with a bug Wednesday and by Friday my voice was totally gone. I have been spending today in recovery mode.
After a day lazing around the house, I am now getting ready for a little late night Walmart shopping spree. (Such is the glamorous life of an elementary school teacher!) 

I'm in search of a 49er's gear and craft supplies.  Now I am NOT a sports fan but I do  live in the San Francisco Bay Area so I am jumping on the 49er's bandwagon....just like I jumped on the Giants bandwagon when they one the World Series....I know you sports fans look down on that kind of behavior but that is just how I roll. 

 I also need to grab some goodies for Valentine's Day crafts and science lessons for the week. I was afraid to brave the crowds today (see the above pet peeve: traffic) so night time shopping it is....

Before I go I wanted to share one of  my all time favorite recipes for Super Bowl or any other party (it's nice enough for bridal showers and holiday dinners, too!). Now I am not a chef by any means but this recipe is easy and yummy too. It is originally from Pampered Chef but every time I need it I just call my mama! She's made it so many times that she has it memorized. 


Cheesy Artichoke Triangles Squares

Makes 24 servings
2 packages (8-ounce each) refrigerated crescent rolls
2 packages (8-ounce each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (4 ounces) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
2 eggs
2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning mix, divided
1 can (14-ounce) artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Separate dough into 4 long rectangles. Press rectangles to make a crust in the bottom of an ungreased 15-x-10-x-1-inch pan, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Press crust up sides of pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
2. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of the grated cheese to the batter, then eggs and 1 teaspoon of the lemon pepper. Blend well. Add artichokes and garlic to cream cheese mixture and mix well. Spread evenly over baked crust. Thinly slice tomatoes and arrange over filling. Toss parsley with remaining Parmesan and sprinkle evenly over filling.

 Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cool 10 minutes before cutting into 12 squares, then cutting squares in half to make 24 triangles. Serve warm.

Note: Your supposed to cut these into petite little triangles, but when it comes to food me and my mama are on the same page. Ain't nobody got time for that! We cut these cheesy wonders into large rectangles and chow down. :) However, you decide to cut them, I'm sure you'll like them! :) 
These are seriously the best things. EVER. 
I hope you all enjoy your Super Bowl weekend! 

14 comments:

  1. Yuuuuum! Those Cheesy Artichoke Triangles sound great!

    I hope you feel better!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't follow the Super Bowl but we have a big football series in Australia called 'State of Origin'. My husband's family have a party every year so I might have to impress them all with your Cheesy Artichoke Triangles! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! If you end up trying the Cheesy Artichoke Triangles let me know how you like them!

      Delete
  3. I just booked my spring break vacation and now more than ever can not wait for Spring BREAK!!!! We get 2 weeks off so it will be beautiful. The cheesy artichoke looks amazing. New follower!

    Brittany
    Stickers and Stamps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two weekws off!?!?! I am a little jealous! ;)

      Delete
  4. I am also getting over a cold...such a yucky time of year! I can completely relate about the traffic. A pet peeve of mine as well!

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon! I was also listening to Storage Wars earlier tonight, it is a favorite around my house. Those artichoke triangles sound Yummy! Glad I found you through the Currently linky!

    Sarah
    Clearly Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sarah! I am heading over to your blog now...

      Delete
  6. That recipe sounds great. Hope you are feeling better. I had fluid behind my ears the other week and I was miserable for days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for the get well wishes. I am feeling better! Amazing what a little sleep and relaxation can do.

      Delete
  7. I found your blog through the Feb. Currently linky and am a new follower. Love the name of your blog! I hope you are feeling better! I had the beginnings of a cold last night and this morning I'm lucky that I can breathe through my nose at all. :(

    Erin
    www.missandersonkinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish Spring/ Summer would come asap as well. =( Those triangles sound delish!

    justwildabouttaching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of blogland! I am so happy that you are here! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...