Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Five For Friday

So glad it's Friday!! I am looking forward to a weekend full of lots of rest and relaxation. :) I am also (finally!) linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a fun little linky. I have seen this linky floating around for awhile now but now I am officially linking  up. Hop on over and link up too!

fiveforfriday

1) Martin Luther King Jr. Posters 



I love seeing our MLK posters in the hallway. My kiddos worked so hard on them! I love their portraits of Dr. King! My poor photogrpahy skills/camera phone really don't do these justice. :) 


2) Zombies in Love 

 I started pulling out my Feburary resources and found my favorite Valentine's Day book. Makes me smile everytime!

3) Poetry Unit

We just started our poetry unit. My fabulous student teacher created the first week of  the unit and today the students were able to recite some of the poems that they explored during the week. Two of my kiddos rapped "Smart" by Shel Silverstein. They were so into it! :) Makes my teacher heart happy.

4) Magic School Bus 
We have been working on benchmark tests ALL week. My kids are totally burnt out by lunch so the afternoons have been crazy  ineteresting.The Magic School Bus for Luch totally saved our afternoon Thursday and also hit some major science standards. Gotta love that!

5) Factor Samuri

Our new favorite app! Feels just like fruit ninga but there's some math in there (it sneaks in all ninja-like).

Hope you all had a fabulous week!! I am sending you good thoughts for a relaxing weekend!!! I know that  am looking forward to blog stalking this weekend....

7 comments:

  1. Hi Julia -
    Sounds like a WONDERFUL week!
    Your MLK posters look awesome - I can tell the kiddos definitely worked hard on them.

    Also, Fruit Ninja is one of my ALL-TIME favorite ways to waste time... I mean...ugh...games :) I'll have to download the Factor app - fun AND educational!

    Enjoy your weekend!
    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love using Shel Silverstein for poetry. He's so fun!!!
    I'm your newest follower! :)
    Jessica
    ideas by jivey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Shel Silverstein is so fun! Thanks for following my little blog. I am following you now, too.

      Delete
  3. I am so excited about the Zombie book. I will need to check it out for sure!

    Em
    curiousfirsties.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good one! The boys especially love it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun that they rapped the poem! We are working on poetry now...I'm going to have to file that away!!

    I know nothing of these ninja apps...hmmm...I may have to do some research (I love your sneaks in like a ninja comment! LOL!)!!

    Thanks for sharing your week!! :O)
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of blogland! I am so happy that you are here! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...