Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

Fun Friday

I was ready with a fun Friday post when I came across this fun little linky from Teaching in Fourth. We all need a little extra fun on Fridays so I am linking up with Kelly and you should, too! :) Check out the fun graphic she created for the party and the end of this post.
                              
Since it's Friday I thought I'd share some of the activities we do in my room when we need a little extra fun. This week we had assessments, a fire drill, earthquake drill and vision screening. Which made for some long days and a couple of awkward periods when we had 10 minutes before being pulled for vision screenings or 15 minutes before lunch after a morning FULL of testing. These are the times I need to pull some fun tricks out of my teacher hat. Here are a few we had fun with this week:
                                                      
                                                     Read Aloud with a Twist 
My kids love a good read aloud but sometimes they have a hard time staying focused. Whenever we are going to do an extra long read aloud I pass out a teeny tiny piece of play-doh for each student. They quietly play with the clay and listen. It is amazing how it improves their concentration!

Responsive Classroom Games 
I love the games that are part of the Morning Meetings in Responsive Classrooms. These are great games for the morning but are also fun during those awkward in between team. My kids LOVE "Just Like Me". Click here to find the link to that and a couple of other Games. 

Word Games 
My kids LOVE word games. They're great because not only are they fun, they help students look at words in a new way. These are my kids current favorites: 
Words Within Words FREEBIE   Set of 5 Halloween themed word building sheets.

<Click on the images to get your own copies> 

And now to the linky


Here are the links:
Super cute Disney Princess aprons 
 Covered in Glitter and Glue Go check her out!

I hope you all have a wonderful & restful weekend! 
Now go link up with Kelly! 

12 comments:

  1. I love James and the Giant Peach!! Those aprons are fabulous:) So fun!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I seriously need one of those aprons...who cares if I don't actually cook, right? :)

      Delete
  2. The aprons are adorable! I love your play-doh idea. What a brilliant idea. I am your newest follower and will be back often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love James and the Giant Peach! I have been reading your blog for a while and love your great ideas! And I agree, love the blog name Covered in Glitter and Glue!

    http://bedrestedteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Laura! I am heading over to your blog now...

      Delete
  4. I love your play-doh idea! I found your blog through Fun Friday...and those aprons are adorable!

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nichole! Love finding new people on here. I am now following you too! :)

      Delete
  5. I also love James and the Giant Peach! The pin of aprons is too cute! I love aprons, and I'm always wanting to make one, but I just haven't taken the time. I am your newest follower! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting the linky, Kelly! So fun! :)

      Delete
  6. Just found your blog and LOVE it! I will definitely have to try the play-doh idea! I don't cook either, but I have a cute apron at school for "craft times." It seemed like a good enough excuse! ;)

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness
    P.S. Come join my giveaway for a FREE monogrammed Grateful Bag ($126 value)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of blogland! I am so happy that you are here! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...