Search This Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

Cards for Hospitalized Children

Today my kids and I spent about an hour of our time making cards for children who are hospitalized. The cards my kiddos made will be sent to Cards for Hospitalized Kids. They will then distribute the cards to hospitals like St. Jude's and Shriner's.  This is a great organization that was started by a high school student!


It always breaks my heart to hear about  sick children and makes me feel a bit helpless. How can I help???? Although these cards might not seem like  much, I hope that we brighten these children's day. It reminds me of this quote:
Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love. #Quote http://www.facebook.com/sharethehappyfeeling

It made my heart happy to see my students working so hard on their cards and really thinking about the child who would be receiving it. \

This would be a great activity to do with your students, church group, girl scouts, etc. Pass the word along. :)


For more info about sending cards, check  here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of blogland! I am so happy that you are here! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...